- Thorn Nomad, black, Thorn comfort bars, Thorn rear rack, waterbottle holder on bottom of frame for fuel bottle (alcohol / Metho)
- Rockshox front suspension
with 2 x waterbottle holders.Not overly impressed I think I will revert back to the original forks and save about 1kg of weight.
Brooks Saddle broken,replaced in Seward Alaska
- Flat pedals (I like SPD peddles but I don’t want to take another pair of shoes just for cycling)
- Custom made waterproof frame bags with map pocket and 2 x main pockets. With spares bag that fits between the frame and rear mudguard (thanks Marie you made the best framebag ever)
- Rohloff hub running
40T– 17T gearing, changed to 38T after the drivetrain was replaced after about 15000km (includes previous touring prior to this trip).
- Rigida Andra 26 inch rims with Ceramic Tungsten Carbide coating and Swisstop blue brakepads (very long life, hopefully, I am carrying a spare set front and back)
- Schwalbe Dureme 2 Inch tyres, they still work OK on the dirt, but otherwise good. (Rear Tyre exploded after about 8000km use, front tyre still going ok after 14000km+)
- Dynohub that powers front light and electronics
PedalPower+ I4 batteryReplaced with Sinewave Revolation USB charger and PowerGen 12000Mha Battery from EBay.
- 2 x rear only Ortlieb Panniers and handlebar bag, Rear backs have broke several plastic parts and lost several nuts / bolts.
- Cateye rear light and rear view mirror
Kryptonite D-Lock, too heavyReplaced with Lightweight Padlock and Cable
- Pletscher Esge rear mount bike stand (I had a clickstand but it broke on my last trip)
- 2 x Revelate Designs feed bags on the handlebars, one for waterbottle and one for bear spray.
Spares (fits in framebag between downtube and rear mudguard)
- Spare Chain and 2x powerlinks with Finish Dry Lube
- Spare Rohloff sprocket 17T, Oil, grommets, cables (1 x wire cable, should be good for up to 40000km)
- Brake cable
- Brake pads (swisstop blue should be good for 20000km)
Spare foldable Schwalbe Dureme tyre,now in use on the bike
- 2 x spare 26 inch tubes presta valve
- Patches to repair Thermarest, Ortlieb panniers.
- Ortlieb spares, straps, anchor hooks, nuts / bolts, mount brackets
- Spokes and nipples x 6 (front and rear)
- Nuts / bolts to fix most parts of the bike
- Duct tape, Cable Ties, Hose clamps
- Rohloff Oil, cleaner and spare cable, oil change screw.
Tools (fits in framebag between downtube and rear mudguard)
- Thorn eccentric bracket / pedal spanner
- Multitool (has everything from spoke tools, chainbreaker, allen keys, tyre lever, screwdrivers)
Brooks seat tool
- Tyre repair kit stuff
- Tyre pump
- Rohloff oil change pump, sprocket removal tool, T20 Torx wrench for Rohloff
- Old toothbrush and rag for cleaning / maintenance etc
- Chainring tool
- Cable cutter tool