Bicycle Touring Gift Ideas
Bicycle Touring gift ideas for those that love the travel by bicycle. If you are looking for a Christmas gifts, birthday gifts or something for yourself this guide will add a little gift giving inspiration.
Cheap Bicycle Touring Gift Ideas
- Combination Multi tool – Topeak Mini 20 Pro – A cheap but practical tool to keep handy for everyday use.
- Top Peak Mini Morph Tyre Pump – The compact best pump for lightweight bicycle touring
- Slime – Put this stuff into tyre tubes to prevent annoying flat tyres
- Ortlieb handlebar bag – The go to handlebar bag for riding around town or across continents.
- Lifestraw Flex filter – Better than Sawyer filters and Steripen? I recently changed to this filter, maybe you might too.
- Coffee filter – Being on the road doesn’t mean drinking crappy coffee. Filter your own coffee with this nifty gadget.
- External battery Anker – Stay connected and fully charged in the backcountry with this external; battery. Use it to charge Phones, GPS, GoPros, cameras and more.
- Park Tools Tyre Levers – Cheap and lightweight tyre levers when changing tyres and repairing flats are part of everyday life.
- Finish Line Chain Oil – The best chain oil in the business
- Nemo Elite Filo Pillow – A cheap, light and super comfortable pillow
- Small reusable squeeze bottles – Cheap and reusable. Store anything from sunscreen and insect repellant to sauces or contact lens solution.
Mid Priced Bicycle Touring Gift ideas
- MSR Whisperlite Stove with windscreen and repair kit – For bicycle touring in remote areas the ability to burn any type of fuel makes the MSR Whisperlite the choice of bicycle tourers.
- Steripen rechargable – The ability to sterilise your own water is not only convenient and safe but saves using hundreds of single use plastic bottles while on the road.
- Amazon Kindle – Small, lightweight, exceptional battery life and the ability to store 1000s of books.
- Audible Audio Book Gift membership – There is nothing better than listening Audiobooks while out on the trail or late at night in the tent. Listen to all the great stories about long distance hiking trips such as the Lord of the Rings and even better all the Game of Thrones Books. Spoiler alert – the Game of Thrones Audiobooks are even better than the TV shows.
- Petzl Actik Core 450 – The headlamp has adjustable light intensity setting depending on how bright you want the light. Super bright for trail running, medium light for hiking at night or midnight bathroom excursions outside the tent and a low light for inside the tent when a bright light might annoy fellow hikers.
- Outdoor Research Helium 2 Rain Jacket – My go to rain jacket for the last 5 years. I like the bright orange colour so I’m visible when cycling.
6 Not so cheap Bicycle Touring Gifts
- Nemo Hornet 2 person tent – I’ve been using the Nemo Hornet tents for over ? miles of hiking and over 15000km of bicycle touring. My go to tent.
- Rab Mythic Sleeping bag – The Rab Mythic is possibly the best ultra light sleeping bag on the market at the moment.
- Sea to Summit Etherlite Mat – The last couple of years have seen a revolutionary leap in the quality and lightness of sleeping mats. The Sea to Summit is one of the top picks at the moment.
- GoPro Hero 8 – Want the best in compact lightweight cameras. Shaky camera movements are a thing of the past with this camera. I’ve used 2 different GoPros over the years. My documentary – Bicycle Touring North America was primarily shot with the older GoPro 5 and 6 with extra footage used from my Sony RX100.
Can’t decide? You might be interested in:
The Best Lightweight Tents
Best Lightweight Sleeping Bags and Quilts
Best Lightweight Sleeping Mats
Complete Lightweight Bicycle Touring Gear List
Bicycle Touring Tools and Spares
Where to buy all the best gear for Bicycle Touring:
REI | Cyclocamping| Moosejaw.com |Wild Earth Australia |Amazon | Backcountry.com
Traveling Overseas to go Hiking? World Nomads Travel Insurance
Download your free
Lightweight Hiking Gear List
Add your name and email below
Check your email to download the Gear List
Something went wrong.