Here is the list of the best multi-day hiking trails and treks in the world 2023.
Looking for inspiration or want to plan your next hiking trip? Then you are in the right place.
I’ve hiked on trails all over the world and logged more than 1000 nights sleeping in a tent. Here are my favorite multi-day hiking trails and treks from all corners of the globe.
Best Hiking Trail In North America
- Pacific Crest trail – Mexico to Canada
- Continental Divide Trail – Mexico to Canada
- Length of the Grand Canyon – Arizona
- Chilkoot Trail – Alaska / Canada
- Denali National Park – Alaska
- West Coast Trail – British Columbia
- Wonderland Trail – Washington
- John Muir Trail – California
- Colorado Trail – Colorado
Best Hiking Trails In Australia And New Zealand
- Overland Track – Tasmania
- Walls of Jerusalem – Tasmania
- Port Davey Track – Tasmania
- South Coast Track – Tasmania
- Six Foot Track – New South Wales
- Eastern and Western Arthur Range Traverse – Tasmania
- Kakadu National Park – Northern Territory
- Larapinta Trail – Northern Territory
- Bibbulman Track – Western Australia
- Cape to Cape Track – Western Australia
- Te Araroa Trail – New Zealand
- Milford Track – New Zealand
- Routeburn Track – New Zealand
- Stuart Island Circuit – New Zealand
- Tongarirro Circuit – New Zealand
Best Hiking Trail In South America
- Huayhuash Circuit – Peru
- Ausangate Circuit – Peru
- Santa Cruz Trek – Peru
- Inca Trail – Peru
- The Lost City – Colombia
- Old Inca trail near La Paz – Bolivia
- Torres Del Paine Circuit – Chile
- Cerro Fitzroy Trek – Argentina
- Tierra del Fuego Trek – Argentina
- Summit of Huayna Potosi (6088m) – Bolivia
Best Hiking Trails In Africa
- Mt Kilimanjaro – Tanzania
- Bandiagara Plateau / Dogon Country – Mali
Best Hiking Trails In Asia
- Snowman Trek – Bhutan
- Kokoda Track – New Guinea
- Everest Basecamp – Nepal
- Annapurna Circuit – Nepal
- 88 Temples/Shikoku Pilgramage – Japan
Best Hiking Trails In Europe
- Mt Blanc – Switzerland / Italy / France
- Kungsleden Trail – Sweden
- Corsica GR 20 – Corsica
- Camino de Santiago – Spain/France
- Camino Portuguese – Portugal
- Haute Route – France/Switzerland
- Dolomites – Italy
- The Dream Way – Traumpfad – Germany / Austria / Italy
- West Highland Way – Scotland
- Pyrenees Haute Route – France/Spain
- Laugavegur Trail – Iceland
This is very much a work in progress. Any other trails I should be adding? Leave me a message in the comments.
4 thoughts on “Best Hiking Trails in the World”
Your “trails in asia” and “trails in europe” repeat 3 times at the end
Thanks for picking that up.
Hi Brad, All the best wishes for the New Year.
Thanks for this post about the best hiking trails. Some great reading and inspiration there.
My wife and I set out on the overland track next week. Our first multi day hike.
I love the Overland Track, hiked it twice, and hope to go again. Enjoy.