Pacific Crest Trail Gear List
Here is the best Pacific Crest Trail Gear List. All the gear on this list would be perfect to carry on the Pacific Crest Trail.
Everything on the Pacific Crest Gera List is easily available and reasonably priced. The PCT gear lost includes items that would only be used on small sections of the trail such as a Bear Barrel, Ice Axe or microspikes.
Included are links to extensive gear reviews on all the best ultra lightweight hiking gear for the PCT.
PCT Gear List
PCT Gear List – Shelter
- Nemo Hornet 1 Person Tent – 1050 Gram
Read about the best lightweight tents for the PCT in 2020:
Best Lightweight Tents.
PCT Gear List – BackPack
- Osprey Packs Exos 48 – 900 grams
- Pack Liner/Garbage bag 60 Grams
- Total = 1260grams
Read more about the Best Lightweight Backpacks for the PCT in 2020:
Best Lightweight Backpacks.
PCT Gear List – Sleeping Bag and Pad
- Western Mountaineering Ultralite 20F / -7C – 29oz / 820g
- Thermarest Neo Air – 12oz/340g
- Nemo Elite Pillow– 78 Grams
- Total = 1238grams/43.6oz
Pacific Crest Trail Gear List – Kitchen
- Evernew Ti DX Stove Titanium 86 Grams.
- Snow Peak Trek 900 Titanium Cookset with homemade aluminum foil lid 114 Grams.
- Sea To Summit X-Mug – 78 grams
- Titanium Spoon 12 Grams
- Gerber STL 2.0 Knife 28 Grams
- Sawyer Squeeze Water Filter System 85 Grams
- Steripen rechargable– 140 grams
- Katadyn Micropur Water Purifier Tabs 20 Grams
- 2 x Platypus Bottle 2-Litre 72 Grams
- Nalgene Water Bottle 1 litre – 178 grams
Bic Lighter – 20 Grams – A necessary item, obviously.
600ml Coke Bottle to store alcohol for stove – 27 grams
- Total Weight = 840Grams/29.60z
Electronics and Camera
- Samsung S9 Plus+ headphones + cable 114 grams.
- Sony RX100 + spare battery + case + spare memory card – 299Grams.
- GoPro Hero 8 – 117 grams.
- Anker 20000mAh battery pack – 354 grams.
- Anker 24W Dual USB Wall Charger + Cables 65 grams.
- Total 1237 grams
Clothing worn and Carried
- Outdoor Research Filament Hooded Jacket – 281 grams.
- PrAna Stretch Zion Convertible Pants – 430 grams.
- Smartwool Base Layer Pants – 150 grams
- Smartwool LS Shirt– 255 grams.
- Reebok unpadded Cycle Shorts – 85 grams.
- Merino Wool Midweight Balaclava – 60 gram
- No name running shorts – 100grams
- Nike Short Sleeve Running Shirt – 150 gram
- Gloves – 65 grams
- PCT Sunhat 55 grams – A great lightweight sunhat
Sunglasses – 50 grams
- Total 1681grams/59.3oz
- Outdoor Research Helium II Jacket – 180 Grams
- Outdoor Research Helium Pants – 153 Grams
- Six Moon Design Hiking Umbrella – 227 grams
Winter Gear , Trekking Poles, Bear Cannisters
First Aid and Misc
Plastic zip lock bags
Money / ID / Credit Cards
Foot infection anti-biotic
Toothbrush and Toothpaste
Deet insect repellent
Total = 375 Gram
Total weight of backpack approx 6.5 kilograms/13lb.
Food and cooking fuel will add about 1 kilogram per day on average. Water weight is extra again, at 1 kilogram per litre!
Next: Read my Complete Guide to Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail
More great hiking stuff:
Where to buy all the best gear for Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail:
REI.com | Moosejaw.com |Amazon
| Hyperlite Mountain Gear | Backcountry.com
Traveling Overseas to go Hiking?
World Nomads Travel Insurance
Want to write your own blog about your trip? I learned how to blog from one of the best blogger in the business.
Learn How to Write a Blog.
Got any questions? Leave me a message below and consider sharing this post or signing up to may email list.
Enjoy the trail.
Cheers Shepherd – PCT15, CDT16, AT17, TA18-19 and still hiking.